Overview compulsory modules
Journalistic skills and key competences
This module is designed over two trimesters and covers theory and practical application of quality journalism, contemporary media developments, as well as innovation journalism and e-publishing.
During this module, which also lasts two trimesters, the core of the curriculum contains theories, issues and research projects about national and international journalism.
Journalism research and media change
Over a period of two trimesters this module covers theories and practical application of media change developments.
Selected optional compulsory modules
- Strategic management
- Leadership: approaches, results and criticism of leadership research
- Crisis communication and conflict management, case studies of different organizational and practical fields
- Intercultural communication
- Investment and financing in media companies
- Controlling in media companies
- Applied business politics
- Public financing in democracies
- Contemporary jurisdictional issues in the media and business sectors
- Innovation management of digital media
Further information regarding compulsory modules and optional compulsory modules can be found in the module handbook (in German).