There are three labs at the institute:
The research of the professors and assistants covers the following areas:
Projects and Tools
A number of active tools and projects have been established at the institute during the last few years:
- DiaGen - a generator for diagram editors
- WebPoint - a Java-based framework for creating web-based business applications
- TituRel - a relationale reference language with interpreter
- HOPS - The Higher Object Programming System
- mediaTUM - Media Server of the librarby of TUM university in Munich
Here, information about earlier projects (which are no longer active) can be found.
- Out of the research about relational methods a couple of systems and tools evolved, which aroused international interest: RALF (a proof assistant) and RATH (a programming library for the exploration of relational algebra). The famous RelView-System found its birth in this institute, too.
- The Java-based compiler compiler JACCIE, which provides an interactive execution environment, and SIC (Smalltalk-based Interactive Compiler compiler).
- CDET - The Consistent Document Engineering Toolkit
- GXL - Graph eXchange Language
- TARSKI - Theory and Applications of Relational Structures as Knowledge Instruments
- GROOM - Basics of object oriented programming
- PROGRES, a project developed at the RWTH-Aachen.